My Favorite Books

My turn. Favorite books in fiction, nonfiction, autobiography and my choice. Aside: I've never read any of Hazel's books below, not even Little Women. Here's my list:

1. Fiction: Hmmmm...the choice is endless! How to pick just one book? Okay, if I use Hazel's category of picking a book that has stayed with me over the years, I would have to pick this:


My favorite genre is romantic spy novels and this one is probably the best one I've read. It had Action! Adventure! Exotic locales! Hot sex! Hot heroines and even hotter heroes! Plus a scene toward the end that was so vivid and real and torturous I will never ever forget it.

2. Nonfiction: This book is a memoir, which is sort of the same as an autobiography, but different. A memoir tells a specific story about someone's life; an autobiography is someone's life story. For my favorite nonfiction title, this wins hands-down mostly because a lot of the scary-assed shit Anonymous talks about is happening right in my backyard.



3. Autobiography: Another no-brainer for me. This book is absolutely gripping.


4. My choice: A book that I can read over and over again? I guess it would have to be this one:


The final scene of this book, a takedown of Saddam Hussein's nuclear test facility, was absolutely riveting. I couldn't put it down. A very close runner up is...



...which involved a terrorist infiltration of the White House. It was ah-mazing.

1 comments:

Zuzana said...

I always wanted to read your "autobiography" pick, thank you for reminding me of it.